Monday, February 11, 2008

Long Winter Days for Brett




Brett is really into the weather right now, but I think he is tired of Winter. Today he told me that he wished we lived someplace where it is always Summer. He puts his cute little face up to the window and gives me updates on the melting status of our yard. At the end of last week, we had a huge puddle in front of our house. I stepped outside to take a picture because it was so big it had ripples that looked like tiny waves. While I was doing this, Brett looked at it and said "it's a lake, will I drown?"




We have tried to find new things to keep Brett happy when he is cooped up inside. He wanted to blow bubbles so bad the other day and it was just way too cold outside, so we compromised and blew them in the shower.


Another day he wanted to make play dough. He sat on the counter and helped me mix it. I told him he could put the food coloring in. I turned my back for a second and he had put all the blue and green in. He told me he was making Apollo Green. I guess he has seen that on a crayon.

No comments: