Monday, February 18, 2008

Be My Valentine


My Favorite Valentine


Eric took me on a quick getaway to Vegas for Valentines. We had so much fun! He spoiled me and had called ahead to a salon to get an appointment to have my hair cut. We shopped and shopped, ate and saw three shows. We saw Phantom the first night. It was much better this time than when we saw it in Spokane. The set was amazing and the guy who played Phantom had a wonderful voice. Saturday afternoon we went to a show called Gameshow Spectacular. It was so much fun. Jamie Farr was the host. They did little spoofs on a lot of old gameshows. When they did the Gong Show, Eric and two other guys were called up to dance. They put funny wigs on them. Both of the other guys actually got gonged, but it went to the audience to see who won. One guy had a huge cheering section, so he won the first prize of $300. Eric used his dance moves he learned at Today's Generation. I thought I was going to die laughing. I took a little video, but he told me it was not for my blog. Maybe if I get enough requests. :) Eric still ended up winning a $50 dollar bill and a voucher for two tickets to a headliner at the Hilton. We went to see who would be there when we go back for dance competition in June and it is Barry Manilow. We got tickets on the 6th row that are worth $192 each. The last game they play, they call up about ten people. I got to go up then. Luckily I didn't have to dance! We played a game where we had to predict if the card turned would be red or black. I went out in the first round, but still won a $50 gift certificate and a voucher for two tickets to a show called The Scintas. For not even gambling, I think we did pretty good winning in Vegas! That night we had front row tickets to Mamma Mia! I really love Abba music! The best part of our trip, I have to brag about my 5 wonderful kids! They stayed alone and did awesome! I think Cole is a way better Mom than I will ever be. He even got them all up for church. Brett gave them some trouble on that, so Zach stayed home with him and Cole took Tyra and Slade to all three meeetings. Brett didn't really even miss me. He just followed Cole around and talked to him nonstop like he does to me. Eric says he is just like that book "Are You My Mother?" If one mom leaves, just find a good replacement!

He needs some dental work!

The Disco King!


1 comment:

Craig said...

Glad you guys had a good time! Deb & I also had a wonderful valentines day... we drove to Warden and shared a diet Sprite while singing spanish karaoke at the truck stop. It was really a special time. Next year we hope to go to the all you can eat taco shop in Wapato. We'll just have to see.
PS- I hate to break it to you, but your kids signed the roll at sundayschool then went to Franks. They really messed up my priesthood meeting there!