Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Little Drummer Boy




My little drummer boy is big! And he's a really good drummer!!! I remember when Zach started learning to play the drums. He was in fifth grade in Montana. He kept telling us that he needed a full set of drums and could really play them. He only had a snare drum and we were skeptical and wondered if he really could play. We went to his concert and were amazed! He played on the drum set and actually sounded good. I remember getting chills and being so happy for him. Last night was just the same. I got chills again seeing the joy on Zach's face as he was on stage drumming. He looked so happy and was so in his element. In between songs, his teacher, Mr Gish, complimented the percussion section. He said they were all excellent musicians and really rose to challenges. He also said that besides that, they were all really sharp and that was rare for drummers!:) Way to go Zach! You rock!!!
Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality. They are stills from my video camera and we sat clear in the back.







3 comments:

The Lloyd Family said...

Zach- I am so jealous! I so wish I had an ounce of musical talent!

Craig said...

Band Nerds Rock!
Zach I knew you had it in you all the time. By the way you beat on your siblings, how could you not be a good drummer.
PS- I like you a lot but the Raiders still suck!. . . pick a new team ya looser.

Mr. Zach said...

I always knew I could begin my career by being a nerd.
Mr. Craig Morrison, when I'm a big shot rock star that owns the three straight Super Bowl winning Oakland Raiders, I'll be sure to get a posistion in my orginization for you. I know how much you secretly love Oakland. :P